Saturday 11 August 2007

Car trouble

I've not had a ramble for a while as I've had loads of stuff on my plate, but I feel its time to have a rant about the stupid amount of money which garages charge for fixing cars!

About two weeks ago my car decided to start to break, I managed to get down to Beaminster (even though stone henge ... or should i say the drive by tourists tried to kill it then), it sat for a couple of days and driving home was fine. After a few crunching / scraping sounds coming from the brakes and some idiot making me do an emergency brake outside my house the sound was worse ... I had to take it to the garage.

I went to the garage round the corner from my house and explained i thought it was the front brakes. My car went in yesterday morning to have the work done ... only to find that a lot more needed to be done than previously thought and yup my savings were going to take a hit.

As for the rant ... how can garages, who kinda have a neish market, charge so much for labour?!?! I know they probably made some money off the parts anyway ... but seriously! They surely only need to cover the mechanic's wages, running costs and make a little money ... I can't believe it comes to so much!

Anyway, so glad my bonus is coming through at the end of the month. I'm not going to get much and all of it is pretty much going to paying for my car :-(

No comments: