Thursday 15 November 2012

Software Bucket List–Nov 2012

After reading Rob Maher’s blog post about the concept of software bucket list it got me thinking.

Let’s take a step back for a minute; what’s a bucket list? A bucket list is a list of all the things you want to do before you pass away. So a software bucket list for a developer is a list of software you’d ideally like to write before you retire. As Rob says it can be anything, not learn this or learn that etc. but what would you like to do?

So this brings me back to me, his blog post got me thinking. The whole idea of the list is that it will evolve over time but as of November 2012 this is my list:

  • Integrated disc golf membership system with result submission with associated automated renewals etc.
  • Work for and write software for a Formula 1 team
  • Multi player strategy re-write (modernise) of an old game we use to play in the early 00’s – Europa
  • Build <insert description here> to enable working from home for my own company – idea still hasn’t been thought of yet.

The last one doesn’t quite fit but it’s more a target to keep me inspired about moving forward.

Anyway, this is just a start and now it’s a seed that’s planted I’m sure I’ll come up with more but for now what’s yours?

No comments: