Thursday 26 November 2009

Code formatting

Wrote a while back about not using Windows Live Writer as it was a pain and the code formatting was poor etc. well I’ve started using it again the past month due to being able to start multiple posts and edit them all at once etc etc. I’ve needed to post some source code recently (which I’ve not actually posted yet) and I went on the hunt for another plug in to make the code nicely formatted and came across Code Formatter for Windows Live Writer. Downloaded, extracted the files to the live writer plug in folder and fired up windows live writer and seems to work fine. :-)

Some demo code as an example:

    [HandleError]
public class HomeController : Controller
{
public ActionResult Index()
{
ViewData[
"Message"] = "Welcome to ASP.NET MVC!";

return View();
}

public ActionResult About()
{
return View();
}
}


Will let you know how I get on with it when I post a more in depth post :-)

No comments: