Friday 24 October 2008

Exercise week #1

This week was a week of exercise for me and a good start to getting fit. I'm planning on getting into a routine which isn't so heavily based on swimming, but swimming is a good way of getting a baseline fitness level before kicking off big style with the training!

So this week in brief goes something like this ...

Monday - joined gym
Tuesday - 16 lengths (b,f,b,f)
Wednesday - 20 lengths (b,f,b,f,b)
Thursday - 24 lengths (b,f,b,f,b(8))
Friday - rest
Saturday - Gym Induction, CV part of workout and 28 lengths (b,f,b(8),f,b(8))
Sunday - Gentle swim - 12 lengths (f(12))


Key
b = breaststroke
f = freestyle (frontcrawl)

So in total, that is one gym visit and 100 lengths!!!

How does this get incorporated into the First Thousand Beers ratio? Well I thought it would go like this ... if I counted every length that would be silly! So for every 10 lengths I do I get a positive point to the ratio. Also, if I do a gym workout or a class then that will also give me a positive point to the ratio. However, (are u following this?!) if I only go swimming it doesn't count as a gym visit, but I can have a gym visit and swim (I'm tired this might not make sense!).

So *looks back at last few posts* ... update ... I had a beer a week last friday at burger friday and another at dinner with the takeaway. Again this was the case for last friday so thats another 4 for the bad ratio.

Current Status : Bad!

Beers: 81
Miles: 33
DG Rounds: 14
Gym visits: 1
Lengths : 10 (100 swam)

Key
Good => Exercise > Beers
Level => Exercise == Beers
Bad => Exercise < Beers

No comments: