Sunday 14 June 2009

A weekend of strength and weakness

This weekend has been a bit up and down with stuff.

Friday evening Lau, my sister and I went to the theatre in Birmingham to see Return to the Forbidden Planet. I'd been quite excited about this as it is probably one of my favourite musicals and I've seen it a few times. I hadn't clocked when we booked the tickets that it was an amateur performance, so it didn't have the double drum kits built into the stage, it didn't have the characters playing the instruments through the show etc. so was a little dissappointed. On the up side it was a bit of a giggle. After we went out for dinner and I was weak and had a couple of pints of San Miguel. It was Friday night afterall!! So with 2 weeks of no beer the drought had been broken.

Yesterday to make up for it I went to the gym, went for a run and a weights workout. I've not ran for a couple of weeks and it's suprising how quickly you loose the base fitness so did 5km in under 33 mins which was ok. Felt it at the end though.

An to top off the madness of the weekend I'm now sitting in my study looking out the window at the nice weather and our resident birds flying to / from their nest, which is attached to our house, waiting for unit tests to run! Yep, that's right ... tight deadlines etc. means working the weekend again. I don't mind doing it as it will mean we exit dev on time etc. but I would prefer to be playing disc golf. :-)

Anyway back to it, they've finally finished!

Current Status : Bad!
Beers: 270
Miles: 42.3 (gym: 9.3; road: 33)
DG Rounds: 48
Gym visits: 62
Lengths : 48 (month: 0; total: 486)

Key
Good => Exercise > Beers
Level => Exercise == Beers
Bad => Exercise < Beers

No comments: